Friday 1 March 2019

Pinch me someone ...

In a thrilling evening in Mayfair last night, at the Edward Stanford Travel Writing Awards, I was given the Bradt Travel Guide's New Travel Writer of the Year award! Pictured here with Hilary Bradt, I am grateful to them for their amazing competition and the wonderful way that they encourage aspiring writers to this most competitive of fields. My thanks, too, go to the lovely people at Wexas Travel for the promise of the prize trip to Finland. I have dreamed of those Northern lands for many years, drawn to reindeer and huskies and all that beautiful, bleak scenery. There is time, now, to build up muscle tone for snow-shoeing and study the wildlife guides for Scandinavia. Look out for one or two tales from faraway, among my local patch stories …!




No comments:

Post a Comment